I have a bittersweet relationship with women’s white pants. They might be the most chic bottom wear to adorn in summers especially with the cutest floral prints but are easily the riskiest apparels to wear too- spill some coffee on it and you are in a whole latte trouble! My love also arises from my sheer obsession with French capsule wardrobe- a major part of which are white and beige pants. The world does have an obsession with everything black, and just a bit more of black but the minute you get lighter bottoms in your wardrobe, you open yourself up to a sense of style that is tangentially contrasting to a basic wardrobe. In this blog we will discover the many styles that you can style your white pants. We will also select some of the best women’s white pants for you that you can rock for every occasion.
Do’s and Don’ts of Styling Women’s White Pants
While styling women’s white pants could be transformative for your style, it is all the more important that you understand what some of the major do’s and, more importantly, don’ts while styling these pants. Styling the same does require a precise sense of balance of choices of the trifecta- the top, the bottom and the shoes. Here are some do’s and don’ts while dressing up white, or any light coloured pants for that matter. z
- Opt for high quality fabrics that provide structure and prevent transparency. Thick cotton, denim, or linen blends are excellent choices, ensuring both comfort and a polished appearance. Even they will be semi transparent because of the color of the pants itself, which is why you will need to take extra precautionary measures to ensure that you pants look comfortable to others too.
- Since white pants will always have some level of transparency, it is extremely important that you invest in seamless, nude toned undergarments to avoid visible panty lines or colors showing through. You can also go for laser cut underwear that does not have bulky seams.
- You can easily use accessories like statement belts, chic scarves, and bold jewelry that can transform a basic outfit into an elaborate one. Gold-toned jewelry goes best with women’s white pants and gives you quite an elegant look.
- While fitted pants can be flattering, overly tight women’s white pants can often amount to disproportionate body structures. Instead of skinny fits, you can opt for a tailored fit that skims the body, offering both comfort and a polished appearance.
- While white goes well with many colors, it would be better to pair it with similar hues in a more neutral toned shade. You can also wear floral prints on white pants for a chic ensemble.
- A monochromatic look is always a plus point with white but always steer clear of mismatched whites. Do not pair a pristine white with an off white because it would always result in a tacky appearance. Mismatched whites can appear jarring, so if in doubt, mix in another neutral or a pop of color to break up the monotony.
- If there is one faux pas that a lot of designers commit it is the inclusion of pockets in women’s white pants- the pants are already transparent, so why would you add a pocket to give you a tacky experience? Even if the pants include pockets, best to get rid of them for a cleaner look.
Cleaning Women’s White Pants- The Task You Must Be Prepared For
Identify the stain and act promptly
Before cleaning, identify the type of stain on your white pants. Different stains require different treatments, and knowing the source helps you choose the right cleaning method. The minute you decipher what it is, treat the stain promptly. The longer a stain remains, the more difficult it becomes to remove. You can also remove any surplus material by blotting or scraping it away, avoiding any extra friction that may embed it deeper into the cloth. Later add a stain remover and gently rub the fabric together or use a soft brush to work the solution into the stain. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes before laundering.
2. Machine Washing
Washing whites with colors is an absolute cardinal sin and thou shall be punished for it with ruined whites. Always wash white pants separately from colored clothing to prevent color bleeding.You should also go for oxygen bleach or a bleach alternative instead of chlorine bleach specifically designed for whites. You can also wash women’s white pants in cold water to prevent them from yellowing over time.
3. Drying and Ironing
Whenever feasible, air-dry your white pants to prevent shrinking and preserve fabric integrity. Hanging them in direct sunlight can also help naturally bleach and brighten the whites. If machine drying, use a low heat setting to minimize the risk of shrinkage. Remove the pants slightly damp to reduce wrinkles.
Top Picks For Women’s White Pants
Women’s High-Rise Sweatpants – Universal Thread
These Women’s High-Rise Sweatpants – Universal Thread are made of fleece fabric with added stretch which allows maximum comfort in daily endeavors. The cargo pants have side pockets too which function well as utilitarian storage packs. Perfect for a daily look!
2. Lands’ End Women’s Sport Knit High Rise Elastic Waist Pull On Pants
The Lands’ End Women’s Sport Knit High Rise Elastic Waist Pull On Pants are made from soft cotton, providing a level of comfort akin to old sweatpants. However, its refined design gives you a fashionable appearance. The stretch waist ensures a laid back and relaxed fit. These pants feature a soft cotton interlock and handy side pockets for additional storage.
3. Women’s Waffle Lounge Pants – Stars Above
Wearing these Women’s Waffle Lounge Pants will keep you mobile all day long thanks to the fabric’s pleasant waffle texture and high level of elasticity. The pants come with convenient side pockets and a front drawstring for a personalized fit.
4. Women’s High-Rise 90’s Slim Straight Jeans
These Universal Thread High Rise Slim Straight Jeans are made from flexible denim fabric in a solid white color. The jeans have a flattering high rise and slim leg along with a belt loop waistband and zipper closure that ensure you a secure fit.
My ever growing love for women’s white pants is absolutely palpable stemming from both the chic look that they bring to outfits and the French vibe that they exude. Check out the do’s and don’ts of styling these white pants to ensure that they last for the longest time possible. We have also curated a list of the best women’s white pants that will absolutely change the way you dress your daily wear. Check out the latest collection on Target today and never miss out on the trendiest fashion at unbeatable prices.
For more information, visit Noble Puma.